|25 General Luna Road, 2600 Baguio City, Diocese of Baguio|
|(074) 619 8530 to 34|
|(074) 424 3361 to 63|
|Notre Dame de Chartres Hospital (NDCH)|
Privileged to share in God’s saving and healing action, we envision NDCH as Christ-centered, dynamic and socially responsible global health care institution providing holistic quality health care services.
"Evangelizing through NDCH Health Care"
In 1927,the late Mother Saint Xavier Versmeerch, Provincial Superior of the Sisters of St. Paul of Chartres thought of having a summer house in Baguio. This present lot was bought from the Bishop of Nueva Segovia to which the Diocese of Baguio belongs. However, seeing the needs of the people of Baguio, this summer house was converted to a 40 bed hospital and was blessed on October 1, 1931.
This vacation house was built on the piece of land that the Congregation in the Philippines bought from the then Apostolic Vicariate of the Mountain Province, which is still the present site of NDCH. This institution was then called Notre Dame de Lourdes Hospital (NDLH).
The Second World War (WW II) brought indescribable destruction to the City of Baguio and its environs. When the United States of America sought to put an end to the Japanese occupation of the Philippines, Baguio was not spared from the so called “carpet bombing”. Almost all the city was razed to the ground without regard of hospitals and other health-care facilities including NDLH.
To continue their mission of caring for the sick, the Sisters joined the people in their dangerous journey on foot, to evacuate to Longlong, Benguet and, subsequently on a 2-day hike over mountains and hills, crossing the war frontline, to the already liberated town of Tubao, La Union.
From the ravages of NDLH rose another 40-bed capacity hospital with the SPC Sisters ever faithful to their commitment of evangelizing through health-care. In 1958, the people of Baguio and its neighboring provinces saw the establishment of a bigger and better equipped hospital.
But, God, our Father, is never outdone in generosity and compassion. In the year 2003, this generosity and compassion of the Father came in the form a renewed health-care institution, officially inaugurated on September 27, 2003, then known as Notre Dame Diagnostic and Pastoral Center!! Not long after this, the SPC Sisters opted to run this Center as a hospital and was fully operational in 2005 under the tutelage of Our Lady of Chartres, Patroness of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Paul of Chartres. Thus was born: NOTRE DAME DE CHARTRES HOSPITAL.
Notre Dame de Chartres Hospital continued to develop and flourish, not just as an institution but, especially as its care givers sought ways to develop themselves towards a better fulfillment of their mission in the care of the sick. In the same year of its initial ventures as a 25-bed capacity hospital, NDCH was recognized as a Tertiary level hospital.
In 2011, NDCH once again opened its doors, this time, to its 82-bed facility, the biggest, so far, and in 2012 to its state-of-the art facilities: operating rooms, delivery rooms and a neo-natal intensive care unit (NICU) while seriously toying with the idea of acquiring an MRI machine.
Today, NDCH has evolved into the Cardiac Center of the North, with its 104-beds, ministering and caring for the sick needing diagnostic and medical assistance. And, as NDCH envisions the delivery of quality health-care, it has formatted several development programs for the growth of its care givers of every designation.
NDCH is moving towards quality health-care, not just by redefining the meaning of care for the people, but especially by sharing with them God's compassionate and healing love.